On unions And Other ‘progressive” Nonsense

Can you say extortion? From Chicago to Madison to Sacramento to Washington DC and points inbetween:

  • Do as we say and nobody gets hurt. Get the picture?

To those who insist this is a fight for the middle class:

  • Union members only make up 12.9% of the middle class. If  you want to fight for the other 87.1% of the middle class, you should be against their having to pay higher taxes so government employee unions can enjoy a job that’s free of the threat of dismissal due to incompetence, cadillac medical benefits (with smaller payroll deductions than the private sector), and exorbitant retirement pensions.
Unions have essentially outlived their usefulness to American society. The benefits they fought for back in the days of the robber barons are now secured by workplace rights legislation. The only value government employee unions have to offer is to crooked politicians who promise them cushy, taxpayer funded benefits in exchange for money and election cycle boots on the ground.

Can you say quid pro quo?:

  • You polilticians better give us what we want or you’ll get no union support. Get the picture?
To those who believe that unions “fighting for what they believe” shows character:
  • How can anyone truly believe that threatening small business owners with boycotts; people who’re hard working individuals, who’ve invested overtime hours without pay for weeks, months and years on end in the hope that they’ll achieve success, who simply wish to remain neutral in the government employee unions battle, shows character?
To paraphrase former U.S. President Bill Clinton: It depends on what your definition of character is.
  • Support us whether you want to or not and nobody’s business gets hurt. Defy us and we’ll do everything in our power to make sure your business fails. Get the picture?

On the other hand, when Conservatives stand up and fight for what they believe, they’re violent, hate filled extremists…

or…

wait for it…

wait for it…

wait for it…

wait for it…

wait for it…

wait for it…

RACIST!

  • What’s extreme is acting like $14 trillion in national debt should be of no concern.
  • What’s extreme is describing legislation which cuts a $3.7  trillion federal budget by $61 billion (less than 1%) as extreme.
  • What’s extreme is describing a budget that freezes a 25% increase in federal government spending as a serious attempt to cut spending.
  • What’s extreme is describing recent Veterans of Foreign Wars as threats to U.S. national security.
  • What’s extreme is saying that average, everyday Americans who simply want the government to follow the U.S. Constitution are dangerous to their country.
  • What’s extreme is wanting to increase the U.S. debt limit without restraint ad infinitum.
  • What’s extreme is a Department of Justice  that picks and chooses which laws to enforce based on their political agenda.
  • What’s extreme is a White House that believes being anti-Constitutional, anti-free speech, anti-free market, anti-business, pro-illegal immigration, pro-UN treaty restrictions on individual U.S. liberty is appropriate.
  • What’s extreme is the empty class warfare rhetoric that “the rich”, the top 5 percent who pay approximately 58.7 percent of federal income taxes, don’t pay a fair share of support to a bloated, deficit spending, ever growing federal bureacracy.
  • What’s extreme is the conscious choice made by big government collectivists to ignore the reality that the top-earning 5 percent of taxpayers pay more than the bottom 95 percent.

The United States doesn’t have a revenue problem.  The United States has a spending problem.  Continuing America’s massive deficit spending this recklessly in the name of “social” or “economic” justice is suicidal.

Extremely suicidal.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: