We are the people.
It’s the responsibility of the people to ask questions during dangerous times. It’s also our responsibility to speak truth to power. There’s more at stake here than offending someone. Our country’s future depends on scrapping political correctness and speaking without fear.
Some are bent on stripping the Constitutional power of Congress by appointing radical leftists to positions that require no Senate confirmation or oversight. We must protect our Constitution and the government it established, including checks and balances.
The wolf had not passed by our door. There’s a ravenous pack of wolves gathering in Washington DC.
Where do we turn?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government…
In the face of the destructive legislation being forced upon us by today’s government, here’s what we need to insist upon:
Glen Beck’s Five Pledges
1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.
2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on its citizenry during difficult economic times, therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.
3. I believe more than four decades of US dependence on foreign oil is a travesty, therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, oil and coal as necessary.
4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why. I will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity power over US citizens. Including czars.
5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.
There was a lad from Liverpool who wrote a lot of “socialist utopian” songs, but he sure got it right when he said:
You say you’ll change the constitution Well, you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it’s the institution Well, you know
You better free you mind instead
But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain’t going to make it with anyone anyhow
Don’t you know it’s gonna be all right
I ask each and every one of you, for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, that we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.